Thursday, January 1, 2009

A Quick December Wrap-up!


December 20th, was Aaron's 3rd Birthday. But, to be honest, the day was already too full, so we just didn't mention it to him until the next day. Are we terrible?!
It was the day my parents were SUPPOSED to fly in just in time to make it to the Gygi family Christmas party. After they waited at the Portland airport all day, their flight was cancelled.
But snow wouldn't stop the Gygi Christmas party! :) We had a fun time seeing all the family and missed those who weren't there.

You can see the kids had a blast ripping into their gifts!

The next day was the Sunday before Christmas, so we had our traditional Christmas Best Pictures. Aaron was not into it, can you tell?
After church we celebrated Aaron's birthday as if it were the real day and he never knew any better.

He loved his trucks and cars and his bike. He zipped all around the house on his new bike. He was pretty excited!

Monday was supposed to be a big day at the airport. My parents rescheduled their flight from Portland to come in on Monday and my brother was flying in from Seattle. SADLY, my parent's flight got cancelled AGAIN! :( The next flight available wasn't until AFTER Christmas, so my parents weren't able to come for Christmas!! We were ALL very, very sad about that! BUT, my bro (pictured above) was able to fly in. We had a great week with him. He is a master chef, and cooked us up some good grub.


Christmas Eve brought new jammies and a fabulous reenactment of the nativity. Yes, Aaron is a sheep with bunny ears and Lucy is a wise man wearing a tu-tu. It was hilarious! They chose their own parts.


And finally Christmas morning! We got a Wii! How fun! I think I'm having just as much fun as the kids. I like dance-dance revolution and Wii fit. I've got to give myself a time limit or I could probably play all day. :) j/k
We were totally lame AGAIN this year and didn't send out Christmas cards. I'm thinking 2009 will be my year for Christmas cards. . .we'll just have to wait and see.

5 comments:

Carol said...

dance dance revolution, hu????
is that a must have???

we need to get a few games, Santa didn't do very well in that area.
would you consider that a recomendation???

sorry your parents didn't make it...no suprise there eh, with the non stop snow they got going on.

looks like you guys had a great holiday though. i should really consider making my kids reinact the nativity sometime. i've never thought to do that, suprisingly?

Kimm said...

I love the wii...I need to get my own..I can play all day too. Next time I am in town we will have to
wii it up!!

Amanda Howell said...

We love the Wii. My parents got one last year and we all play it as much as we can. So much fun.

The Lamb Family said...

Sounds like the holidays were good to you. the Wii can be very addicting, be careful. I have a christmas card for you but I really need your address. Anyway that you can email it to me??? Thanks

Jer + Lu said...

Merry Christmas! (a month late...) That's so sad your parents couldn't make it for Christmas-- what a bummer. I love that pic of Aaron with his present- such a cute expression :)