Friday, January 16, 2009

Shop Therapy



When you're feeling down, sometimes all you need is a little shop therapy! We've NEVER had a bed set before. So I saw this and liked it and bought it. It definitely makes making the bed way more fun!





I also stole this idea from my neighbor. I bought these magnetic corkboards from Costco (who knew they made such a thing) and covered them with fabric that coordinates with my bedding. FUN! What a pick-me-up! :) (Imagine them on a lovely blue-ish gray-ish wall, I think they look better that way) So then I put my New Years Resolutions on them, so I can be reminded every day of what I am supposed to be doing.

I actually think that the corkboards look cluttered now, so I might take the pictures down. I don't know. . .we'll see.



12 comments:

beautifuldey said...

Sorry you were feeling down...but it definately resulted in something good eh? Love the colors...I've been looking at the same ones myself.

Barbi Mecham said...

I love it! You are so creative and crafty.

Whitney said...

Shop therapy. Huh, I'll have to introduce that one to my husband. I've been doing that for quite some time, but now that I have a name for it, I'm sure he'll be more accepting. I'll start with a new bed set, that way it's something for both of us.

P.S. Stacy (our old roommie) emailed me probably 6 years ago, but I haven't heard from her since. I never could get a hold of Stephanie. I know that Stacy had a baby boy.

Cardalls said...

always good to have more fun in the bedroom! :) hehe

Carol said...

look at you super duper cutie pie! nice bedding...love the colors. love the fabric boards. are they still magnetic through the fabric?? and how does cork and magnet work together?????

interesting.

GARNERDAZE said...

Decorating the bedroom is so fun! I love your ideas. It turned out so cute! Glad you had a great Christmas! Your kids are so grown up and darn cute! Tell everyone hi from us!

Amanda said...

I love your bedding, it's way cute. So you asked what to do in Blanding. Well... I don't really think there is anything to do there honestly haha. But Cody says go to The Edge of the Cedars where there are indian ruins and artifacts, there is a playground behind the visitor's center, and there is a dinosaur museum. Hope you guys find something to do. Good Luck!! Let me know how it goes.

Jason & Claire said...

I could go for some 'shop therapy' right about now. Love the bedding and that corkboard idea is great!

Jer + Lu said...

Having real bedding is definitely fun. I love the cork boards. Well done!

Danielle and Fam said...

Cute...Shop therapy is not bad as long as it doesn't become shop everyday therapy. I don't really like shopping, but I sure love new stuff. Your bedroom is darling, and the board would be cute with or without the stuff on them.

Whitney said...

I introduced it to Elliot. He's not buying it. :(

Linde said...

I love it! I love the idea with magnetic boards. I have done it with corkboards but I love the magnetic idea. I know how you feel, it is great to feel like you did something so cute.