Monday, December 15, 2008

Its beginning to look a lot like Christmas!


With the snow and the Christmas decor up, it is really feeling like Christmas. We've really tried to have the real spirit of Christmas in our home this year. It has been a fun and peaceful time.


Anna had her Christmas recital last week. They did such a good job. With her slender figure she looks very graceful on the dance floor.

I have been shopping and feel like I got almost everything done.
We went and saw Santa on Saturday. Anna and Abby had written notes to Santa with things they wanted. Abby wanted a play laptop, really bad. Then while chatting with Santa she REALLY wanted a play kitchen. Santa was so generous saying, "That sounds like something we can do." Hmmmm. . . When I asked her about the laptop, she said, "I want the kitchen more!"
Saturday night, Mike and I went out and finished up a little more Christmas shopping. Except for a few things I need to make, I think we are done! :) Time to start wrapping. . .







10 comments:

Jason & Claire said...

Good for you being almost done with your shopping. This was a fun post.

I just posted one with the exact same title. Great minds think alike! ;) Totally kidding.

Jill & Seth said...

Cute chistmas tree, I love the red and white ornaments. I wish I was done with shopping...not even close!!

Perry Bunch said...

Sounds like you are almost ready for Christmas. I need your address. You can e-mail it to. Schoochibutt@aol.com Thanks :)

Cardalls said...

your kids are darling...I am done except for the stocking candy!

Cardalls said...

I forgot...Stephanie Gourley and Parker are engaged...getting married in March.

Carol said...

that pic of Abby is so sweet sitting by the tree. Did you set that up???? or was it a natural moment..hmmmmmmm.....

hope this Christmas is a joyous one for. i totally miss you, think i may call you today.

Alida B. said...

I love that picture of Abby by the tree. Doesn't it feel nice to be ready for Christmas. We have truly been working on having the true spirit of Christmas in our home this year and it has taken so much of the pressure off! I hope you have a wonderful Holiday!!!!!

GARNERDAZE said...

I wish I had even started shopping! Yikes, I better hurry. Hey I need you new address so I can mail you a Christmas card. You can email it to me at sarahcgarner@gmail.com Merry Christmas!
SarahG

Barbi Mecham said...

What a beautiful family you have. I love being in contact with you. Hey, email me barbidawn@hotmail.com. I also have a blog and need your address so I can send you an invite.

Jer + Lu said...

Yup- Anna looks like she has the perfect ballerina body- lucky girl! So what did Abby get for Christmas- the laptop or the kitchen??