Friday, October 24, 2008

A few random thoughts . . .

It has been forever since I have blogged. I have a bit of catching up to do.

*Warning* Blogger is not being my friend today, the font size is all over the place. I just wanted it normal with a few "large" words here and there. That is not what it is doing and I've tried to fix it and its not working*

* Today I have not done much and am feeling SO tired! I think it might have something to do with the fact that I stayed up until 1 am with Abby and her ear infection on Tues. night, then 2 am Wed watching Pride and Prejudice (the one with from A&E and BBC with Collin Firth, its 5 hrs long) and of course I had to stay up until 12 am last night finishing it. I L*O*V*E*D it! In my opinion it is a must see. . .

*A couple of days before my last post, we all went to a wedding reception up here for one of our cute singles, Kate, from Vegas. She's obviously not single anymore. . .Anyway, it was so fun to see her and meet her hubby. It was also a blast to see some of the other girls from the Singles Ward! Having that calling was so much fun! I miss it and all of you! Good thing we have blogs so we can all stay connected (hint, hint Amber and Tonya :) ) It was so good to see Parker and Aubrey and meet their baby. So much fun!

* Anna found a new friend. It was super cool and fun, but we decided to let her go after she started crawling up Anna's arm and clawing at her face. Obviously not a house pet.



*Last Saturday I went to Deseret Book and bought The Mother in Me a compilation of mothering essays and poems. All of the proceeds from that day went to the NieNie Recovery Fund. I felt like I met a movie star! C Jane, who has been taking care of her sister's kids and faithfully blogging about her sister and brother-in-law's recovery, was there. She was so cheerful and smiley, felt like a friend you'd had forever. While she was signing my book, we chatted about stuff, life, Target. It was a fun Day.

See?. . .I got her autograph. . .right there. ALSO, while I was at Deseret Book I picked up Paul Cardall's latest CD Living for Eden. Absolutely beautiful piano arrangements! Paul is the brother of our friend David Cardall from Vegas. He is currently awaiting a heart transplant. You can read about it here. His daughter's name is Eden, which makes the title of the CD more meaningful, and even brought a little tear to my eye. You should pick one up! :)

*On Wednesday, we had Enrichment mtg at the church. It was good. They had different little classes you could go to on marriage, raising small children, raising adult children, oh, I can' t remember the others. Anyway, they asked me to be on the marriage panel to help present and lead the discussion. I thought that was funny. Mike and I have a great relationship, we like to spend time together, but I hardly felt panel worthy! Ummm. . . be easy going and make eachother happy?. . .I don't know any advice! However, I picked up a few tips for myself.


We also made a craft. These little ornaments. They are really simple but I thought cute. They are just vinyl letters of "noel" and "wish" on the clear glass balls with ribbon. Do you have anything cute you've done lately? Super Saturday stuff or on your own? Post a pic or send me a link. I'm getting into the crafty mood. . .



Speaking of making my hubby happy, he thinks I should do a cute background. I personally like the white, I'm plain like that, I guess. We'll see what I come up with.

9 comments:

Kimm said...

I was wondering when you were going to post again. I love the update. I would never let a green thing crawl on me by choice..brave girl. I am doing a super saturday tomorrow...Who put me in charge...I will post about it you can see the stuff we did..none of it is christmasie..It is all stuff I have done before (new branch) is that cheating. Are you going to be in Utah over Thanksgiving..I will be there..I would love to see you, Mike and the Kids!!

Cardalls said...

Cute post...I am so glad you got to go to the reception for Kate and see all those fun friends! We are totally in Nortstar withdrawl! Thanks for posting about Paul's CD, his status has been moved up to the most critical so any and all prayers are appreciated! We miss you guys...come visit Vegas, it's the best weather ever right now!

Cardalls said...

oh and by the way I am so a fan of c jane and nie nie I would have LOVED to go meet her, how fun! you know me..no craftiness to share here but love your ornaments!

Carol said...

cute little background you got there! i'm like you, like the plain white, but i'm sure you noticed i changed mine up a bit too!

cool that you got to meet cjane. did you read the article she linked to this weekend. Much more informative than she has been and heartbreaking to read.

beautifuldey said...

That's great you were on a marriage panel! You'd be surprised how so many people don't have any commen sense or fun in their marriages. The motto of be nice and have fun would serve many well.

I'd love to post cute stuff, but well...I'm not to crafty. Good luck!

Linde said...

Super cute post! Sounds like you have been super busy! Hope you are getting caught up on some sleep and that everyone is feeling good. I am starting to feel crafty too! I'll let you know if I come up with anything!

Jer + Lu said...

Lovin' the super long post! So cool you met C Jane. I love to read NieNie's blog. Your ornaments are too cute! I've got to make some! My super saturday is next month- got some cute stuff coming... Way to go on being a marriage expert-- you two really do seem to have it all figured out ;)

Alida B. said...

I love this post, Lisa! Sounds like you guys are doing so great and keeping so busy. I can't believe Anna let that thing crawl up her arm!!! I would've screamed and cried!! LOL!
Also, that's awesome that you went down and bought "The Mother in Me" and met Cjane. IS the book really good?! It's still so bewildering to me that Stephanie has become such a "Celebrity" I think it's wonderful that so many people are so willing to give. She truly is a great person in real life and very deserving.

Whitney said...

Is that the first time you've seen Pride & Prejudice? It's only my very favorite movie in the whole world and right after I watch it, I could just watch it again! Too bad I have responsibilities!