Sunday, July 27, 2008

one CraZy week!

This week was one wild ride! Mike was in Georgia for the week, so one of my good friends, Andrea, came up for the week to play and have some girl time. Or so we thought. Something weird, crazy, sick, or unfortunate happened every day!! I'll give you the list:

Tuesday
*Andrea arrives, feels sick and throws up and is in bed for pretty much the rest of the day.

Wednesday
*Andrea is feeling better, so we head for the Scera pool
*There are 2!! poop accidents in the pool. Sick! We left after the second one. I need to find some friends with pools, I cannot go back to the poop pool!

Thursday
*Anna and Ethan wake up with pink eye (from the sick water at the pool)
*Don't worry its the 24th of July and everything is closed, so I have to go to a not so quick Quick Care 20 mins away. All in all, it took about 3 hours just to get drops for their eyes.
*Andrea and I need a break, so we call a babysitter and go shopping. We forgot again that it was the 24th and all the cute little unique to Utah stores were closed or closed early (before we got there)
*We decide to eat at Cafe Rio (since we couldn't go shopping) and the power goes out.

Friday
*We decide to go up to Bridal Veil Falls for some fun. We get there and it is all taped off with police tape and there is a Sheriff there. He said some one set fire to the restaurant at the very top and the Falls were closed. Bummer.
*We go to Canyon View park instead. While trying to line the kids up on the bridge over the Provo River to get a picture, Aaron starts SCREAMING. I look at him and there are at least 30 wasps swarming him! I grab his arm and just start running, he tripped so I just dragged him until the wasps were gone. I didn't know what to do, all I could think of was RUN. Scary! He got stung 6 times on his arms. Here he is showing his stings, you can't see them very well in the pic, but they were like little welts. Good thing he is not allergic. He was very brave, he stopped crying before Abby and Aubrey did (they were not stung.)

*Also on Friday, Mike missed his connecting flight in Denver so he got home at 1am instead of 7pm.

Saturday

*So to top the week off, Andrea called about 30 minutes after she left our home headed for Vegas to say that Ethan threw up in the car. Nice way to end a vacation.

Believe it or not, we actually had a great time. It became very funny. We would say "I wonder what will happen next?!" It was just weird, sick, unfortunate things that happened, luckily nothing very serious. CraZy! Can't wait to do it again! Hopefully without all the bad stuff.

9 comments:

Alida B. said...

As crazy as it all sounds I bet you all had tons and tons of fun. It's so great that Andrea and the kids could come down...gee I wish I lived closer to all the fun! :)

Forsyth Family said...

I could not stop laughing reading about your adventure filled week! I hope you took time to write all that in your journal--I guess blogging it is the next best thing!

Cardalls said...

What memories! You will laugh about this for years to come. How fun to have good friends around! We can't wait to see you guys in a few weeks!

Jason & Claire said...

That week will be a great memory in a few years!

FrankNApril said...

Lisa,
That's just craZy stuff! Happy you still had some fun out of all that! I was thinking I would read one of you all ended up prego! Only because it started out with someone throwing up? Happy it's over until next time.... April

Carol said...

that is funny all over again! despite all the the crazy you two will laugh about this for years.

Jodi said...

Should we worry the next time we come to see you guys? Ha ha- just kidding. That was quite a week. So sorry about all of that. I was stung by one wasp for the first time a few weeks ago. It really hurt! I can't imaging what six stings felt like. He does look very brave in that picture.

Sarah and Dan said...

That bite on his right arm is killer! Such a huge hole left behind from that devil of an insect!

Jer + Lu said...

OMG!! That is truly a week for the record books! What else could have gone wrong?! Poor Aaron :(