Thursday, May 29, 2008

poor sick boy


The little man started a high fever yesterday which is unfortunately bad timing. (Isn't that terrible I would even say that?!) But really, this is the girl's last week of school and with all the end of school programs, parties, teacher gifts, dance festivals, packing for upcoming vacation, etc. he could have picked a better week.
So today in between Preschool graduation and picking up our other from school I squeezed in a doctors appt. It was probably the worst one ever!

His temp was 102.5 and his ears and everything looked fine so she wanted to see his throat. I warned her he has a VERY sensitive gag reflex (he had already puked on me this morning just trying to take his temp) so, while trying to pry is mouth open and see his throat he throws up all over himself, me, the table, etc. Then she wanted to swab him for strep, threw up again! And since he puked on the swabs they don't even know if the results will be accurate. Nice.
Then for some reason he wanted his shoes OFF, now! And since his shirt was all wet and stinky, I took that off too. So we left the doctors office with only his shorts on, smelling like puke, and not even really knowing whats wrong with him. It was fabulous.

11 comments:

Amanda Howell said...

Ok so I don't mean to laugh but such is the life of a mother. Only because I love you and because I know what it's like to experience inconvient puke...can I laugh. I hope he feels better and I hope you are able to still make memories with your girls. Good luck. Love Amanda

Jason Miller said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jason Miller said...

Hey, I'm so sorry that this has all happened, I hope he feels better, but giive him a big hug, and i hope to see you soon.

Alida B. said...

Aww I hope he feels better soon! I gotta admit that this made me chuckle a bit, too. It's just all the things we go through as mothers and people still think we have it easy! Hope today is a happier day!

Jason & Claire said...

Oh no! What a terrible doctors appt. I've been there and it no fun. I hope he feels better SOON!

Growin' Like Weeds said...

oh man, we've had the same thing at our house, weird. hope he feels better, although i love all the cuddly hugs!

Cardalls said...

Life as a Mommy! Isn't it great!!

Jodi said...

If I had read your blog before seeing you, I would have asked how he is doing. I hope he's feeling better. It was such a nice surprise to see you! Brayden had a very strong gag reflex as a baby. We could never let him cry for very long without paying for it. Have a fun vacation!

g said...

Poor little guy! (And you, for getting puked on ;)). It was so nice to run into you this weekend. Your kids are so big and so adorable. You look great, too. Utah must be treating you right :)

Linde said...

How sad! I hope he feels better soon. I had to smile the whole time I read this though;)

Nicole said...

Oh you poor things! AHHH I seriously think this is the worst 'mom' story I've ever heard. Give yourself time...then you can laugh about it.