Monday, May 12, 2008

Happy Mothers Day and Happy Birthday to me!

Happy Mothers Day to all you moms and all those who have moms! I am so lucky to have a wonderful mother, example and friend. I love her!


I was so lucky this year because my b-day happened to fall right on Mothers Day. We laugh about it, but I make it clear that those are 2 seperate holidays...no double gifting. ;)

We went out to dinner Friday with some friends (the Flemings, for those of you who know them) and when we got home, Mike suprised me with a picture of the temple I REALLY wanted. He had been telling me that he couldn't get it, so it was a real surprise.
I also got this apron from "Flirty Aprons" in the mall. I saw them and they were SO cute, I wanted one! I don't know why, I've never worn an apron before, maybe it was the name. ;) I feel a little bit like June Clever now.

And my darling kids painted some mugs for me, well and a horse, too. That was from my Little Man. At 2 his painting skills are amazing. : )


I had a wonderful Birthday, thanks for all the cards, $$ to go shopping (thanks Mom), gifts, and well wishes!





8 comments:

Carol said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY little friend! I thought of you yesterday, but obviously, much to my shame, did not call. Looks like you had a great time. Love the picture, it's so you. And the apron...cute, you could have fun with that ;)

Cardalls said...

Happy Birthday! I thought of you earlier in the week and meant to send a card an apparently didn't remember! Anyway--your birthday should be easy for me to remember, a week before mine! Hope it was happy!

Alida B. said...

Happy, Happy Birthday!! I am so glad it was such a wonderful day for you. I am loving the apron & fun fun to go out w/ the Flemings..tell them Hi, from us. :)

Jill & Seth said...

Cute posts lisa. the movies were fun to watch. makes me miss you guys. i wish i were closer.

Heather said...

Glad you had a happy day!
Lots of fun treasures.
What a pretty picture of the temple and that apron. Makes me want to get one for myself.

Dara & the Boys said...

Happy Birthday Lisa! Finally I've had the chance to check out how your doing. Enjoyed the videos, have to share the REM one with Daniel. I love that temple picture too, it's so very you. Glad to hear from you and I love your blog. Keep on blogging maybe I will get back into it, life's been so busy lately, tell Mike hello =)

GARNERDAZE said...

Happy Birthday and Mothers Day! I also love that pic of the temple, something about those red flowers...And a very cute June Clever I must say!

Jer + Lu said...

Happy Birthday!! Looks like you really scored big. Double time. That pic of the temple is gorgeous! What a find!