Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Catching Up

Finally Posting Thanksgiving! We met Mike's cousin Andy's family and Jill's family for a wonderful feast!





Before we ate Anna read to us her Thankful Scroll that she made in school, burnt edges and all. We were all very impressed. It set the mood for being thankful for all of our blessings, then it was time to dig in!


Earlier that morning I had to watch "The Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade" of course. Mike teases me saying, "Can't you just call it The Parade?" But no, I can't. It's just one of those things you have to say all of it and watch all of it. I peeled potatoes during commercials.
Its been a tradition since I was a kid and now because I get so excited about it and talk about it like it is the best thing on earth, my kids love it, too! :)

We talked, laughed, played games, and kept an eye on 9 kids. The little community where we stayed had an indoor pool, so there was a lot of swimming going on! It was fun.

Aaron and Shadow were BFFs. Shadow even slept on Aaron's bed, which for some reason I think is gross, but Aaron totally loved it! When he's happy going to bed, I'm happy. ;)


I snapped a few shots of Andy's family for their Christmas cards. (no pressure!) I reminded them several times I am SO not a professional and I don't even know how to work my camera yet. Hope they found one they liked!

It was nice to spend some time with Jill's family, too. We really miss them.

To add to the excitement we got rearended on I-15 on the way home. 4 cars involved, not our fault, no injuries and only minor damage to our bumber (although the poor car that started the chain reaction was totalled, thats too bad). But everyone was OK, another thing to be grateful for!

2 comments:

Carol said...

sorry about the accident...even minor ones can totally freak you out!

nice work on the family photo up there...must be a pro for sure!!!

glad you had such a nice holiday.

Jer + Lu said...

What a fun Thanksgiving! I had no idea...
Andy + Alexis' pictures turned out FANTASTIC! You did an awesome job. When can I schedule my photoshoot?