Monday, September 15, 2008

Back from WA

We had a GREAT time in Washington and we all survived the drive. It was so good to have a break and see family and friends! Loved it! Unfortunately, for some reason I cannot get my pictures to download (or upload or whatever) onto my computer! They are stuck in my camera card. So I will post more later when I get that all figured out.

But I will share this one interesting experience. As we were driving home, Anna had to use the restroom. So we pass a few exits that we probably could have taken and then finally get off at a Rest Stop. The guy in the car next to us asks Mike if he was LDS (I guess the mini-van with Utah plates gave us away) and if he could give him a blessing.
I guess this guy had been traveling for business and got food poisoning and had been really sick. He was just an hour away from home but did not feel like he could go any further so he pulled over at the rest stop to rest for a while. During this time he said he had been hoping (praying?) that he would run into someone to give him a blessing. And there we were. Mike gave him a blessing and he was on his way.
It was interesting to be an answer to someone else's prayer. And it reminded me of 2 things. 1) Heavenly Father knows who we are and loves all of us us and wants to help us. He heard this man's prayer and knew we were driving in the area. And 2) the Holy Ghost whispers so quietly. We were almost going to pass the rest stop because I think they are dirty and gross. But we just thought we better stop before Anna had an accident. It wasn't a strong feeling or anything it was just a thought like "well I guess we'll let her go here."
Some may say it was just a coincidence, but I know it was divine intervention.

9 comments:

Sheree Flick Photography said...

Hearing experiences like that really help build my testimony of prayer and the love of our Heavenly Father. Thank you for sharing. I REALLY needed that right now.

Forsyth Family said...

I love stories like that!! What a great blessing to have that experience while your children were with you--and Kudos to Mike for being worthy to give a blessing at a moments notice! Can't wait to see your Washington pictures!

Amanda Howell said...

Thanks for sharing that story. It brought tears to my eyes. I think I'll share it with my Primary kids if you don't mind.
I'm glad you had a good trip and I can't wait to see the pics.

Linde said...

How was the LoNg drive? Hope you had a great time. What a way to end your trip! I got goosebumps just reading your little story. How amazing that you are so in tune. What a blessing to have that kind of experience. Can't wait to see some pictures!

Danielle and Fam said...

Awesome...you would be the cute family to answer someone's prayers. Hope you had a great trip!

Alida B. said...

What an awesome expereince for your family! How great for your children to be able to witness their father be so ready and so willing...way to honor the priesthood. :)

Jason & Claire said...

Thanks. Sometimes it is so quiet that you think it might be a coincidence...but it's not. I bet the kids will remember that lesson. I'm excited to see your pictures.

Nicole said...

I had a similar reaction as Amanda-share it with my primary kids. This month's theme is on prayers! Thanks for sharing.

Jodi said...

I love that story. I too believe that our prayers are heard and answered and many times the Lord uses us to answer another's prayer. thanks for sharing. glad you had a good time.