Thursday, August 28, 2008

Hmmm, what to have for dinner. . .

Lets go to the canyon and have hot dogs! That was Mike's idea and I have to admit when things are sprung on me like that I have to think about it for a minute.
I'm thinking, "Ok, its already 6pm, we'd have to go to the store to get hot dogs, it takes a few minutes to get up there, then the kids would want to play, and they need tubs tonight, etc. . . " Then I loosened up and decided that its not that big of a deal if they don't get to bed right on time and this could be a fun memory. So we went up the canyon and ate some hot dogs. The girls were roller blading and Aaron was on his big wheel. They played in the freezing water at the bottom of the water falls and had a great time.
Sometimes I have to remind myself that they will only be this age for a very short time.

4 comments:

FrankNApril said...

Lisa,
I am glad you loosened up and went. Sometimes last minute stuff ends up being fun! They looked like happy kids to me. April

Carol said...

i'm like you with the last minute plans...you know...me and the park, can't spring that stuff on me. I have to brace for it!

just noticed your "friends" list. holy longness! you ARE special ;)

Cardalls said...

thanks for the reminder! i am not very good at that stuff either and who really cares if the routine gets messed up!

Sarah and Dan said...

And I see grill marks too...the only way to eat a dog! Looks like a hit!

I guess since you've gone top secret with invited-onlys, your blog doesn't qualify for blasting to the top of the handy blogroll, showing when you make an addition to your blog. Maybe there is a way to change that?