Monday, August 4, 2008

cute kids



* While we were picking veggies from the garden, Aaron picked Anna and I some Morning Glory flowers (I mean weeds) from the yard. Anna put hers behind her ear and Aaron wanted to do the same, but Anna convinced him that "boys put flowers in their shirt pockets."
She dressed him up in "handsome clothes" so he would put the flower in his pocket. She told him if he was handsome, Mom would take his picture and put it on her blog. (Probably true) They had fun for at least 20 mins getting dressed up, she even brushed his hair.

*Abby had her Kindergarten well check and shots today. I wish I could say she was brave, but...we had lots of tears. She cracks me up, though. One Sunday we were fasting as a family (optional for the young ones, of coarse) and in the morning she told Mike "Anyway, I'm fasting, but I'm not fasting chocolate milk." lol :) I guess Abby likes this little boy in our ward. Anna told me that Abby liked him, and Abby said "NO! I don't like him! I just like how he looks and his face and his hair." Oh, OK.

*Little Miss Anna is wishing, wishing, wishing she were older! She stuffed her tank top, put lipstick on, and sat on a phone book at the kitchen table (so she would look taller). Abby asked her if she was trying to be a mom and Anna said, "No, I just want to be 18." She wants so badly to be older, and acts older. She was talking to the younger kids like she was their mom, then she turned to me and said "Sorry, I'm kind of taking over your job, Mom." I told her I can totally handle being the mom and to enjoy being a kid as long as she can because once you are an adult, you're an adult forever.

7 comments:

Forsyth Family said...

When Mary and Zach got their kindergarten shots--Mary went first-and, of course was crying by the end--she preceeded to scream at Zach to run-and then yelled at the nurses to stay away from her brother!! (One of my favorite "twin" memories!!)

FrankNApril said...

Lisa,
That is funny that Anna wants to be 18! Wow! I read all of what you wrote and did get a few laughs! They are cute kids! Thanks for sharing. April

Cardalls said...

Aaron is SOO big! I can't stand it..where did the chunky litte baby fat go?? That is kind of scary about Anna wanting to be older--stuffing her tank top--oh boy! :)

Kimm said...

You do have very cute kids!! Hey Shannon on you blog is that the shannon I know!!

Carol said...

still stuffing the tank hu??? that's so funny, my girls have tried that a few times recently :) Samantha thinks she needs to be practicing to be a mom. she always talks about the stuff she needs to know to do the job.

the kids are hillarious, love how their little minds think. you can tell Abby that Samantha cried big time for her shots too.

Jer + Lu said...

Great stories! I didn't realize Wyatt + Abby are the same age-- we just went through kindergarten check-up as well. And I so remember being in Anna's shoes... it's great to grow up :)

Unknown said...

I love your kids!!! They are too cute! I can't believe how much Aaron has grown since I saw you guys at the airport...Well I guess its been a year...Wow how time flies!