Saturday, August 23, 2008

Box Elder County Fair

We went to the Box Elder County Fair. It was a genuine country-bumpkin fair! Lots of live-stock and 4H group kids leading their sheep/pigs/cows around and trying to sell them at the auction. We visited the auction. It was amazing how fast that guy could talk! I kept looking for people who were doing the bidding and I couldn't see any. I guess they were pretty subtle or something.
I thought this ol' cowboy was cute. I had to take his picture.
Taking a rest from the heat and getting some good fair food. I really do love fair food! We had good food and delicious scones (we call them "elephant ears" in WA). It was a fun small fair. They had only 8 or 10 vendor booths (my favorite part!) and a few rides and games that were totally expensive. It would have cost $20 just to ride the ferris wheel. The kids got to choose 1 ride and 1 game. The guy at the game was nice. He let Aaron stand really close to the pins so he was sure to knock them down and he let him take home this HUGE stuffed dog! Nice! The girls also got a dog, not quite as big. It was fun, but I don't know if it will be worth the 2 hour drive to go again next year.



No comments: