Wednesday, June 11, 2008

a quick catch up

I am so behind! I have tons of pics to post of last days of school stuff, Vegas, etc. I'll have to do that another time...I feel like it will take SO much time, so I've been putting it off. Maybe if I just blog a few things now it won't be so overwhelming to catch up.

* Got rid of the girls' bunk beds (the top one was always hard to make and always looked messy) they now share a queen bed. I was wondering how that would go, but they love it and it is fun to hear them talk and giggle at night (until the 5th reminder to be quiet and go to sleep!)

*Aaron has been in a twin bed now since Dec. but we kept the crib up for a while (first as a threat "if you get out of your bed one more time you'll have to sleep in the crib", then I don't know what our deal was). Anyway, we took down the crib. I cried!!

*Abby lost her first tooth, she was so excited. The next day she had to give a talk in church and she asked which dress she should wear, I told her the polka dot one, and she said "Oh good! It will go with my lost tooth!" She cracks me up!

*L.O.V.E.D!! seeing those we could in Vegas. It was a fast and furious trip so we missed many of you (we will see you next time for sure! ) We had a great time. It is so fun to see friends and family! We miss you guys a lot. I'll post pics later.

*I've set a goal. . . to run a 5K! I'm not sure why, I actually hate running. But I've read some other ladies blogs that run and they are so inspirational. Also, it seems that would be a sign of health. Right now I still have no energy, it wipes me out for the rest of the day if I walk for 30 mins. on the treadmill. BUT, I am going to work up to that 5K! I'm giving myself a year. (that seems like a ridiculously long time for a 5K, I don't think people even train that long for a marathon! Oh well!) Now that it is written down, I'll feel like I really have to do it. Stay tuned. . .

5 comments:

Alida B. said...

I have been debatng taking down the girls bunk bed and replace it with a queen but thought it was a wierd idea, maybe not so. I just hate the top bunk especially when they fall asleep downstairs and I have to figure out a way to get her up there when she is dead weight!!

Good luck on the 5k, you better blog about your progress!!

Sarah and Dan said...

Whoah, your kids have names! I never knew...

Jason & Claire said...

I admire you so much for committing to run a marathon. That is something I've always wanted to do. The only problem is I hate to run.

I think the girls sleeping together is so neat. And, I love the leaving up the crib to threaten technique. I am definitely using that with my next baby.

Jodi said...

Lisa, It was great to see you. Growing up, I shared a queen bed with my sister Lori. Good luck with your goal. I think you are setting a wise goal and you may find that if you stick to it, you'll catch the running fever.

Kimm said...

Listen Lady if I can do a 5k anyone can!! You can totally do it, you probably on need a few months. I just ran my 2nd, I will hopefully blog about it soon.