Wednesday, September 19, 2007

I was feeling a bit crafty. . .






Our Super Girl has been way into butterflies and moths lately, trying to catch all she can find (or get her hands onto). So we looked up stuff about them on the internet and then made a little "life cycle of a butterfly" thing.



We found out that some kind of butterfly likes to lay its eggs on aspen or apple trees. So we plucked these leaves from our yard and did a leaf rubbing, then glued "eggs" (rice) on them.

Then we made catterpillars out on pon-pons.



And we made butterflies by melting crayon shavings between 2 pieces of wax paper and cutting it out. It was all very easy and the kids enjoyed! So fun, I like to be crafty!

4 comments:

Carol said...

My, My, that is crafty! How did you do the butterflies again??

lisa said...

I shaved crayons using a potato peeler onto a piece of wax paper. Then I placed another piece of wax paper on top and melted them together with an iron. After they cooled I cut them into a butterfly shape and twisted the pipe-cleaner in the middle.

Alida B. said...

You are such a fun mom!!!!

Amanda Howell said...

Ok, you are like the best mom ever. I could learn from you. How fun.