Saturday, April 19, 2008

a date with my girls


This week was spring break, so I had a little one on one time with my girls. On Tue. I took Super Girl shopping. You can see her carrying all of her "loot". Just like her, she was very price-conscious. I told her how much we were able to spend and she made some good choices. If she liked something but it was a little spendy, she would say "lets keep looking." She did get some Hannah Montana jeans and is planning on wearing them to Stadium of Fire when Hannah performs. She is pretty excited about that.


On Thurs. my Little Princess and I went out. She chose to get her ears pierced. I actually didn't think she would go through with it. There weren't two people working that day, so she had to get her ears pierced one at a time. She was so brave. She just held my hand and looked straight ahead. The rest of the time she would check her ears out in every mirror in the mall.


We got lunch and it was a fun time to chat with each of them. They are growing up so fast and it makes me sad! Super Girl is like a miniature adult and was very disgusted with some of the immodest clothing that she saw. She is such a good girl. My Little Princess is still at the age where she thinks she can marry her dad. She actually wants to. It is so funny. She calls him her sweetheart and told him once, "I wish you were 4 so I could marry you."

A while back she and I had this conversation:
L.P.: If I were a marrying girl, I'd break you and Daddy up and I'd marry him.
Me: Really? Well, who would I marry?
L.P.: Johnny Cash

It was sooo funny! Where she came up with that I have no idea. I guess she thinks me and ol' Johnny Cash would make quite a pair.
I am so glad that I have daughters!! I love them!

7 comments:

Carol said...

that is funny...she's gonna break you up!

I forgot to ask Samantha about her chat with Abby, she must have been telling her about the ears. How exciting. Now they can compare earings too.

I'm glad you got to have dates with your girls, especially the shopping. That was a good idea to tell Anna how much she could spend so she could think about that. What a good mom!

p.s. I really want to have a scrapbook night...wanna come??????

Jodi said...

I'm glad you were able to spend one on one time with your girls. It's not always easy to schedule separate visits but they must have loved having you to themselves. I also liked that you gave super girl a budget to work with. Great idea! I can't really see you with Johnny Cash. That gave me a good laugh.

Jason & Claire said...

I love one on one time with my kids. It sounds like you guys had a great time.

Cardalls said...

Looks like so much fun! Abby looks so cute with her earrings. I can't wait to do this stuff with Emma someday!

Jer + Lu said...

What good times! Oh, how I long for a little girl... I love the Johnny Cash story-- he is quite a stud-- but I think your Little Princess has the better end of the deal :)

Judy said...

The girls are getting so big..
Wow how time fly's..
I nice to catch up on everybody on this blog thing..

Lynette said...

How fun...a date with the girls. Sophie is turning four, and we are just starting to have our little girl time. I LOVE having a daughter. Glad you girls had a good time. Your scrap cover page is adorable too!