Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Fall



I love fall! I love, love, love it. I love crisp air, the leaves turning colors, and the excitement of college football games. I even enjoy raking up the leaves, crazy I know. On this particular day, my intent was to rake up the leaves and actually get them into the green waste bin. I knew my kids would want to play in them and I was prepared with my camera. They had so much fun
rolling,
jumping,
throwing and
burying each other in the leaves.
By the time they were done it was dark and cold. The leaves would have to wait until the next day to make it in the waste bin.

As a family we helped rake leave for some elderly (like 80's) neighbors who were both sick. The surprising thing was they told me how much they liked jumping and rolling in the leaves, too. They said that just a few years ago they gently lowered themselves down in their leaf pile and had a good roll (or maybe just a sit) in it.
Oh, those youthful souls!
It made me think I need to be jumping into a few leaf piles myself!


Happy Fall!

10 comments:

Kimm said...

I love the last picture of your kids!! I love fall too...Not too many leaves where I live in Idaho..I need to do a little leave jumping myself...make a big ole pile for me!!

Carol said...

old people rolling in leaves...that's a sight to conjure up in the old nogin'! hahahahahahaha

such cute pictures! miss having all that, though not the cleaning. next time you roll in it and have the kids take your picture.

come on...i wanna see it!

Alida B. said...

Cute, cute, cute pics. Oh my goodness Aaron looks HUGE!!!! When did he get so big??? We are loving the fall leaves here in Kansas...didn't realize how much fun we were missing when we lived in Vegas.

Cardalls said...

Go jump in those leaves! :)

beautifuldey said...

I'm jelous. It's still sooo warm here. Fall will come...then winter...and in about 6-8 weeks it will be spring again. Count my blessings right? At least it won't be snowing in a couple of months.

The kids look like they had a blast. Those are definately the kind of things they will remember for years to come.

Danielle and Fam said...

Cute pictures! We don't get the changing colors here so much...I miss that! Hope things are going well for your cute family!

Kimm said...

I definetly know what pictures you are talking about, mine are in washington...not sure I would post some of those..what were we thinking..You were out of control in those days..not sure why I followed everything you did...swimming fully clothed that was fun..

Sheree Flick Photography said...

I wish our trees would drop leaves for us to jump in.... oh wait... I wish I had a tree first! :)

Whitney said...

Abby looks so much like you! I need to find a pile of leaves somewhere and take pictures. It looks fun.

Jer + Lu said...

How fun! I can't wait til our trees get bigger so we have lots of leaves to jump in too :)