Wednesday, November 12, 2008

8 Things and Gratitude

OK, I've been tagged by 2 different people on this "8 things" tag, so I thought I should do it. The "Gripes to Gratitude" tag is probably fitting for me since I've been griping A LOT about my computer that has a stupid virus! (stay tuned for my gratitude after the 8 Things. . .)

8 Favorite TV Shows (I don't really watch a lot of TV)

1. Biggest Loser
2. American Idol
3. HGTV (when I am at my mom's who has Dish)
4. I have to admit I did enjoy the Saturday Night Live Prime-time shows about the Elections
5. General Conference
6. Ummmm, that's all I have. . .I don't watch a lot of TV.
7.
8.



8 Things I did yesterday

1. ran on the treadmill
2. carpooled for the Kindergartners (it's my week :) )
3. went to Harmons
4. watched Biggest Loser with a bowl of ice cream that they are not allowed to have :) and was totally shocked by the ending!
5. watched my neighbor's daughter
6. Picked up Anna from school then after an early dinner took her to dance
7. talked to my mom on the phone
8. worked on this on-line class (Stories in Hand by Jessica Sprague, anyone else doing it?)


8 Things I look forward to

1. Getting Aaron out of diapers, he is totally NOT interested
2. being closer to my family
3. Thanksgiving
4. Christmas
5. Spring
6. another baby, not anytime soon
7. any kind of quality time with the fam or just with Mike
8. being totally healthy again, or just getting off half my meds for my thyroid (that would save me about $100 a month, terrible insurance!)


8 Favorite Restaurants

1. Training Table
2. Red Robin
3. Bajio
4. Macaroni Grill
5. Kneaders
6. Magleby's Fresh
7. Cheesecake Factory
8. Anything my mom or brother will make!


8 Things on my wishlist

1. To go to Disneyland again
2. Taking some Photog classes
3. Live closer to my family, including Jill :)
4. find some time to scrapbook again
5. more CUTE crafty or home decor things at Enrichment (San Destin Ward I miss you!)
6. To travel the world and see and photograph different people and cultures and hear the stories of their lives (kind of like National Geographic)
7. To raise good and righteous and compassionate children
8. To own a home again, so I can paint and landscape the way I want (the white walls and mauve chair-rail with wall paper is starting to drive me nuts!) although I am grateful for this house.


8 People to tag (Good Luck Ladies!)
1. Cali
2. Traci
3. Jamie M
4. Heather
5. Linde
6. Carol
7. Kimm
8. Amanda


OK, now the Gripes to Gratitude tag. The whole idea behind this tag is to take something you gripe about and instead of griping, find things about it to be thankful for. Others chose laundry, I am going to choose my computer with it's stupid virus and now my printer that is very hungry because it keeps chewing up my paper and then eating it! Printing anything these days is a nightmare.
So now I guess it's time for me to think grateful thoughts (give me a minute here. . .)

1. I am grateful for my computer and that it allows me to communicate so quickly with loved ones.
2. I am grateful that my mom who lives far away can see pics of her only grandchildren with just a click of the mouse.
3. I am grateful that I have access to any info I wish to acquire
4. I am grateful that I don't have to clutter up my house with magazines, because after I've read them I can throw them away and find all the articles again online (why do I pay for magazines?)
5. I certainly have gained more appreciation for those who know a lot about computers to fix them
6. I am grateful that when my printer is working I can print pictures from home
7. I am grateful that when it is working my printer prints things out pretty quickly
8. I am grateful that just because I have a computer and a printer means that I live in a country with many luxuries and have been fortunate enough to acquire them.
9. I am grateful for the country that I live in that allows me to say whatever I want on my computer.
10. I am grateful for spellcheck

Now, I tag anyone who wants to do this. It is kind of fun and therapeutic. I feel much better now. Thanks Danielle :)

2 comments:

Sarah said...

That was about the best thing I have read on a blog in a long time!! Thanks for sharing and good luck with your printer and computer.

Jer + Lu said...

Lis, you are too funny. I love your grattitude list and all the random 8's. Thanks for sharing!