Thursday, April 24, 2008

yummie whole wheat pancakes

Some of you may already have this recipe, but we love it so much I thought I'd share. Mike's cousin gave it to us. We often have these for breakfast (and sometimes dinner). My kids smother theirs in syrup, but I actually like it with just warmed up frozen berries on top.
(We usually double this recipe for our family.)

1 C whole-wheat kernels
1 1/4 C milk (we use rice milk)
1 egg
1 tsp salt
1/3 C olive oil
3 Tbs honey

Put ingredients in blender and let soak for at least 20 mins. Then blend on high until it gets smooth and it doesn't blend very well. (On mine it looks like the top isn't moving.) Stir in 2 tsp baking powder. Sometimes you need to add a spoonful or two of flour to thicken it a bit. Enjoy!

8 comments:

Alida B. said...

Oh yum! Can't wait to make some when I get home!! YAY! :)

Cardalls said...

they look yummy!

Jason & Claire said...

My mom made these my entire life. I actually never had "normal" pancakes until after I was married. These are one of the best things in the world.

FrankNApril said...

Lisa~ Do you use food storage wheat or? April

Kasey said...

Lisa I found your blog just looking around. Your kids are getting so big! It was fun looking at your pictures and reading about what you've been up to.

lisa said...

April,
Yes, I just use our food storage wheat.

lisa said...

April,
Yes, I just use our food storage wheat.

Jodi said...

Thanks for sharing your recipe. We made them and they were a huge hit!