Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Busy Weekend















The weekend actually started on Thursday with Anna's 8th Bday. My parents and brother flew down and we had a great day. She wanted KFC for her birthday dinner, so we took it to the park and did some fishing. My brother helped Anna catch her first fish on her birthday, it was quite exciting.

She is very in to Disney Fairies, so a lot of her gifts were Tinkerbell things, including her ice cream cake.
I'm not really into character decor, so I made her this magnet board that had just a touch of Tinkerbell.


The 4th!



The next day was the 4th of July! We went to the Stadium of Fire in Provo (we have been anticipating it since April, I think) The main attraction this year was Miley Cyrus. We were so excited, thinking she would sing Hannah Montana songs or at least Miley songs we knew. Wrong. It was actually disappointing. The sound was terrible, you couldn't hear her voice very well over the background music. AND she sang songs from her brand new album that no one knew. It was actually boring until the last 2 songs when she sang something familiar. Too bad. BUT, the fireworks were amazing as usual.


Then we topped off the weekend with Anna's baptism. It was such a neat day. I couldn't believe my little girl was getting baptized. We taught her about the commitments she would be making and let her make her own decision. She said she prayed about it and knew that was what Heavenly Father wanted her to do. There was just a sweet spirit there. My mom and sister-in-law Holly gave great talks. My Dad teared up. And my little girl got baptized. In a small way she looks older to me now. I am so happy for her, but reluctant to let her grow up. The time goes too fast.

11 comments:

FrankNApril said...

Way to go Anna!
I like the last picture of all of you! What a big weekend:)April

Carol said...

What a cute family picture! Congratulations Anna. What a busy week for you. Looks like loads of fun. Sorry the concert was disapointing. I mean really, who wants to hear the new junk...play what everyone can sing to!

beautifuldey said...

I can't believe she's old enough to be baptized! You know the thing about white dresses? Two down...one to go. Hold on tight!

Cardalls said...

Congrats Anna! Nathan's baptism was one of my favorite days ever! I got teary watching he and Dave in the font together! So happy for you, sad we couldn't be there!

Amanda Howell said...

Oh Lisa what a wonderful week. I remember one such week in our family just last year. Time does fly by quickly but how fun it is to watch them grow into such wonderful young people. Anna looked radiant. Congratulations to the whole family.

Sheree Flick Photography said...

Congratulations Anna! You're GLOWING in your baptism dress! You look beautiful!:)

Carolyn and Mark said...

Happy birthday and congrats!!! Looks like you had a great birthday and I can't believe you are 8, you have grown so fast!!! To have the holy ghost is such an amazing gift, you will see and enjoy it and life to the fullest. Your sure right Lisa, they grow up so fast, time just needs to slow down.

Kimm said...

Congrats Anna!! Sounds like a fun and exciting weekend!!

Alida B. said...

I love that picture of you all at Anna's baptism. Happy Birthday and Congrats to Anna! We are so proud of you and you looked
"B-E-A-UTIFUL!!"

Alida B. said...

Silly question...how did you make that cute magnet board? I've been wanting to buy one for the kids room but if I could make it...

MOM said...

Anna, wow what a weekend we had together. Papa and I and Uncle Brent didn't want to leave. It was soooo much fun and exciting, but it went just too quickly. So very excited for you that you decided to get baptized. Thank you so much for asking me to speak at your baptism. Are you remembering the 3 'bears' of baptism? Love you tons! grandma meme